Just a quick note that with the release of Visual Studio 2015 CTP 6, we’ve updated the Connected Service Provider for Salesforce.
Since Preview, we’ve:
- Improved the OAuth refresh token code to support a pattern that should handle more issues with less code. We’ve been working with the Azure AD folks on this common pattern.
- Now retrieve the ConsumerKey avoiding the manual trip to the Salesforce management UI to copy/paste the value
- Improved the T4 template support to save any changes you’ve made to your customized templates. Be sure to read the new Customizing section in the guidance docs.
- Improved performance by caching the Salesforce .NET NuGet packages along with the installation of the connected services provider
Thanks for all the feedback that’s gotten us this far.
We’re still looking for feedback before we wrap up the Release Candidate. There are a number of channels:
- Using Send a Smile while configuring the Connected Service Provider
- UserVoice for Connected Services
- Here on my blog
Connected Services SDK
For those looking to build your own Connected Service Provider, we are also getting ready to make the Connected Services SDK available soon as well
Thanks, and happy service coding,